Pop-up Spray Heads designed for harsh operating conditions
- Built to withstand harsh operating conditions using chemically treated recycled water (reclaimed / non-potable), dirty water containing grit, debris, and other particulates, and high operating pressures common in commercial irrigation systems.
- Co-molded multifunctional wiper seal that assures positive seal without excess “flow-by” which enables more heads to be installed on the same valve.
- Debris pockets in the base of the Spray Head body collect debris and prevent recirculation in the body during operation reducing wear.
- Designed for use with all Rain Bird plastic spray head nozzles – Rotary Nozzles, U-Series, MPR, VAN, HE-VAN and SQ Series.
- Parts developed to be resistant to corrosion in treated recycled water containing chlorine and other chemicals.
- Strong stainless steel spring provides reliable stem retraction and withstands corrosion.
- Ratchet mechanism on all models allows easy nozzle pattern alignment without tools, withstands chemicals in recycled water, and prevents pattern misalignment over time.
- Pre-installed 1800 Pop-Top™ flush plug blocks debris from entering after flushing and allows for easy nozzle installation.
- Constructed of time-proven UV-resistant plastic and corrosion resistant stainless steel parts, assuring long product life.
- All sprinkler components are removable from the top without special tools, providing for quick and easy flushing and maintenance of the sprinkler.
- Side inlets featured on non Seal-A-Matic™ (SAM) models only.
- Five-year trade warranty.
Models and height:
RD-04-S-NP: 4’’ Pop-up height (10 cm) with built-in SAM and np cover.
RD-04-S-P30-F: 4’’ Pop-up height (10 cm) with built-in SAM, 2.1 bar PRS and Flow Protect device.
RD-04-S-P45-F: 4’’ Pop-up height (10cm) with built-in SAM, 3.1 bar PRS and Flow Protect device.
RD-06-S-P30-F: 6” Pop-up, height (15 cm) with built-in SAM, 2.1 bar PRS and Flow Protect device.
RD-12-S-P30-F: 12” Pop-up, height (30 cm) with built-in SAM, 2.1 bar PRS and Flow Protect device.
- Spacing: 0,8 to 7,3 m
- Side Inlet models: 1,0 to 4,8 bar
- No-Side Inlet (NSI) models: 1,0 to 6,9 bar
- SAM Capability: Hold up to 4,2 m of head; 0,3 bar
- PRS Capability: regulates nozzle pressure to an average 2,1 bar with inlet pressure up to 4,8 bar
- ½” (15/21) BSP female threaded inlet
- Exposed surface diameter: 5,7 cm
- RD-1804 : 4’’ Pop-up height (10 cm)
- RD-1806: 6” Pop-up, height (15 cm)
- RD-1812: 12” Pop-up, height (30 cm)
- Built-in Seal-A-MaticTM (SAM) check valve (S): stronger retract spring accommodate elevation changes up to 4.2m (0.3bar). One of the strongest in the industry. No side inlet for SAM models.
- Pressure Regulating System (P30) built into the stem: Maintains constant outlet pressure at 2,1 bar with inlet pressure of up to 4,8 bar – Restricts water loss by up to 70% if nozzle is removed or damaged – Ends misting and fogging caused by high pressure and ensures nozzle performances.
- Flow Protect (F) device built into the stem: restricts water loss by up to 90 % if nozzle is removed from a non-PRS spray head and by up to 50 % if nozzle is removed from a PRS spray head. Provides a visible (4 m) vertical low flow (does not exceed 0,7 m3/h) water jet.
- Non-Potable (NP) provides an alternative to clip-on caps and molded purple cover to identify non-potable water use.